My journey started in August 2011. The very first large passage that I memorized with the Do Not Depart community was Psalm 143. I didn’t think I could do it. It had been a long time since I memorized much more than a daily to-do list, and there was lots that I forgot to complete on the list with young kids.
Since that time, I have memorized Psalm 143 (12 verses), John 1:1-14, 1 Corinthians 13:1-7, Romans 8 (39 verses), and 1 Peter 1 (25 verses) (see links below). How in the world did I do that? That’s almost 100 verses! I’m shocking myself right now typing it out. I’m so thankful for the Hide His Word FB group. I love the accountability, encouragement, and inspiration among the members.
We will be hiding Psalm 71 in our hearts for the next 14 weeks. Each time I go through my verses, the words go deeper and I get it quicker, but I’m still not “there” yet. There have been so many verses that I memorized when I was young, that has helped me during trying times. And even now, as I memorize the verses, they speak to me.
Anyone interested in joining me for this challenge?
- Start date: Sunday, January 13, 2013
- Finish date: Saturday, April 20, 2013
- Pace of 1-2 verses a week
- Text: Psalm 71 (24 verses)
- Romans 8: Am I Totally Crazy? | Life in the Spirit | Heirs with Christ | More Than Conquerors | Hidden in My Heart
- Psalm 143: Mid-Month Update | I Did It! | Future Glory
- John 1:1-14: Reviewing | Girls’ Vlog
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-7
- 1 Peter 1 | Born Again to a Living Hope | Part 2