I haven’t been blogging about my Scripture memory journey lately, but I’m still pressing on. I finished the last challenge, Psalm 71, and started Romans 1. I didn’t get too far on Romans 1 since there was lots of end-of-school-year/beginning-of-summer and health stuff going on over here. I’m going to put a pause on that, to join the Hide His Word community in doing the memory classics this summer.
Starting today until the end of August, we will be memorizing “classic” verses that most might have learned as a kid or in Sunday School – John 3:16, Psalm 23, Jeremiah 29:11, Matthew 6:9-13 (The Lord’s Prayer), Romans 8:28, Ephesians 2:8-9, 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (Love passage), Proverbs 3:5-6, and Philippians 4:13.
Instead of just memorizing or reviewing these verses, I saw in our Hide His Word Facebook group that a lot of people will be reading the verse or passage in different versions and translations. I think this is a great idea! I will try to do that. Whenever I do, it gives me new insights to the Word.
Anyone interested in joining me for this challenge?
- Start date: Monday, June 3, 2013
- Finish date: Sunday, August 25, 2013
- Pace of 1-2 verses a week
- Text: Various (23 verses)
- Romans 8: Am I Totally Crazy? | Life in the Spirit | Heirs with Christ | More Than Conquerors | Hidden in My Heart
- Psalm 143: Mid-Month Update | I Did It! | Future Glory
- John 1:1-14: Reviewing | Girls’ Vlog
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-7
- 1 Peter 1 | Born Again to a Living Hope | Part 2
- Psalm 71