I still have a little work to really get the verses down, but I did it! I memorized all 39 verses of Romans 8. Who would have thought? Lisa posted a few ideas for topics to blog about for how this past month went, and I think I’m just going to do a summary for each. =)
- A favorite verse from Romans 8 – I have to pick just one? Hmm…that is tricky. I like a lot of the verses in this chapter. I’ll go with verse 32 today I guess. He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?
- An unexpected blessing from memorizing Romans 8 – I feel like my memory is just slightly sharper than it was before I started putting it to work in this capacity.
- The hardest part about memorizing – Finding time to review when things got busy. Some of the verses had a lot of the same wording or phrases, and that was a little confusing.
- This is how far I got and why – I finished memorizing it with first letter method. I could do better with doing it straight from memory and without prompting.
- Tools that help me memorize – ScriptureTyper | Remember Me app | First letter method | YouVersion (just listening to the audio) | flashcards
- What I’m learning from Romans 8 – The abundant life that we have in the Lord even during life’s challenges. His great sacrificial love for us despite our sins and failures. (Some thoughts from Crossway on Romans 8)
Romans 8 Challenge – COMPLETED!
- Start date: Sunday, November 6th
- Finish date: Saturday, March 31st
- Pace of 2-3 verses a week, with a 2-week “life happens” buffer.
John 1:1-14 Challenge
- Start date: Easter Sunday, April 8, 2012
- Finish date: Pentecost Sunday, May 27, 2012
- Suggested pace: 2 verses a week