Since we are replenishing the funds after our Australia trip 😉 , our trips this year were closer to home. We went to Tahoe in the winter and decided it would be fun to visit again without the snow.
Before we made our way to Tahoe, we stopped off in Fairfield, Auburn, and Placerville/Camino for a factory tour, visit with friends, and hanging out in the orchards (respectively). It has been a long time since we have done a detailed trip recap, but if any ONE of our handful of readers is interested, we will write more!
If you have asked us or will ask us what we did, the answer was and is that we didn’t “do” much of anything. :p Sometimes, it’s nice to just “be”.
Big thanks to the Bagais for having us as houseguests! And also thanks to the Moys (Norm’s fam) for being our travel buddies this round, and making yummy meals when we didn’t go out to eat.
Day 1 – Friday, October 7
– Departure was after lunch since Norm had a work thing in the morning
– Jelly Belly Factory, Fairfield – factory tour
– Arrival in Auburn was later than expected after fighting the Friday night traffic
– Dinner: Chick fil A (our first time!!)
Read about Day 1 HERE.
Day 2 – Saturday, October 8
– Apple Hill, Placerville / Camino – visited 5 orchards
– Arrival in South Lake Tahoe at dinnertime
– Staying at: Aston Lakeland Village Resort
Read about Day 2 HERE.
Day 3 – Sunday, October 9
– California / Nevada Stateline (Van Sickle Bi-State Park)
– Lunch: Heidi’s Pancake House
– View of Lake Tahoe from beginning of the Vikingsholm Trail
– View of Lake Tahoe from private beach at Aston Lakeland Village Resort
– Dinner: Base Camp Pizza Co.
Read about Day 3 HERE.
Day 4 – Monday, October 10
– Check-out: 11AM
– Apple Hill, Placerville / Camino – visited 2 orchards
– Lunch: High Hill Ranch at Apple Hill
– Homeward Bound!
Read about Day 4 HERE.
After a busy start to the new school year and adjusting to new schedules and new groups and new plans, the trip was much-needed and very relaxing. We will add links to this post as we do reviews and daily recaps. Have you traveled lately? Where have you been? What should be our next destination?