So, I had a totally different post written out, but it was all scattered and everywhere…kinda like my mind right now.
Instead of a long, drawn-out explanation of why I chose My One Word, I just wanted to quickly share about it. Quickly, because if I take any longer, I wouldn’t be working on My One Word. You’ll see why once I tell you what it is.
Step 1: Determine the kind of person you want to become
I want to be someone who is focused. Focused on God. Focused on my family. Focused on my goals. I want to be someone who completes the tasks that I start. I want to be someone who starts my day with the Lord so that I am more attuned to Him.
Step 2: Identify the characteristics of that person
Focused | Loving | Attentive | Gentle | Disciplined | Purposeful | Intentional
Step 3: Pick a word
I’m also adding My One Verse:
And My One Song:
Found in You by Beth Croft
And if I need to be more disciplined and step up my fitness game, there’s even a remix of this song for my workouts!
What’s your one word? What are some of your goals this year? Who do you want to be?
Linked up to Choose One Word to Embody 2014 on compassion.com. Check out our other Compassion blog posts. Click on the following link to sponsor a child with Compassion.
I have been blessed by Sarah Mae and Sally Clarkson’s book Desperate. It has truly taught me how to “breathe” through motherhood. I am not a perfect mom, but I am working to become a better mom for my kiddos. They are precious, but they are kids! They can drive me crazy sometimes. (I think some of it is payback for all those temper tantrums I threw when I was little.)
Sarah is the real deal. She is transparent. She shares her story as a mom of young children. She’s so funny too…and her Mufasa hair! But really, she shares some of her failures and answer questions of what has worked for her in growing her “wild child.” Sally…all moms need a Sally in their lives. She shares her wisdom as a been-there done-that mom. I love her heart for moms with little ones.
Sarah and Sally have come up with a Discipleship & Discipline eCourse. It is practical parenting help for the desperate mom. Or maybe you aren’t so desperate, but you still need some direction for motherhood.
All information on the course can be found here: Discipleship Course (This is an affiliate link for the ecourse. I get a percentage of the sale, but all options in this post are my own.
- Day One: Laying a Foundation of Love (Sally Clarkson)
- Day Two: Loving the Wild One (Sarah Mae)
- Day Three: Heartfelt Discipline + Your Parenting ???s Answered (Sally Clarkson)
- Day Four: Dealing with Our Junk So We Can Parent with Clarity (Sarah Mae)
- How to Instill Excellence in Your Child
- How to Deal with Over-Emotional Children
- How to Build a Winning Relationship With Your Child
- How to Motivate Your Children to Listen to Your Instruction and Obey Your Training
- How to Deal With Your Lies So You Can Parent in Freedom Instead of Fear
- How to Get Through the Desperate Days
What you will get from the eCourse:
- Four days of teaching & conversation with Sally Clarkson and Sarah Mae
- Four daily emails with inspiration and an outline
- My 24 Family Ways PDF Packet
- The UnWired Mom eBook
- Core Lies eBook
- On-demand access (watch anytime!)
The entire e-Course is only $17.99.
See more at THIS LINK. What others are SAYING.