This is Day 5 of our 31 Days To An Organized Christmas. To read all the posts in order, start with this post, then visit the Landing Page to see the outline for the whole series.
- Read Project 1: Create Your Holiday Mission Statement (pages 22-27) in Get Yourself Organized for Christmas or Kathi’s blog post HERE.
- Check in with your Organized Christmas buddy.
- Gather the supplies listed in this chapter.
- Choose a word or two (either from the list in the book or another word) that represent what you would like as your Christmas experience this year.
- Write your holiday mission statement and post it where you can see it daily.
Melody, age 8 – I like this project because it helps me have a goal for my Christmas season.
Being intentional about how we spend our time and our physical and emotional energy is the key to a more sane and sacred celebration. – Get Yourself Organized for Christmas
We each chose two words, but some of them were the same. The words our family chose were:
And here is our holiday mission statement*:
It’s Day 1, but I am already feeling a lot more joy for the season (even though it is months away), knowing that it will be okay if I say no to something if it doesn’t line up with what we hope for the season this year?
*You can find our Holiday Mission Statement HERE. Can someone access it and let me know if you are able to save it and edit it yourself (not on the actual doc, but after you save it).
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy here.
Pingback: Day 17 – Organized Christmas: Decor Day | Keeping up with the Moys
Pingback: Day 23 – Organized Christmas: Take Off Your Apron and Grab Your Pencil | Keeping up with the Moys