I know MOPS Crafts are popular with a lot of our readers, and I haven’t posted one in a long time. I LOVE the one that we just did! It was a fall wreath, and I have to say that even though it might look and sound complicated, it is super simple, even for non-crafters like me! Our MOPS Creative Activities coordinator Megan and Kristina did a great job of finding a deal on all the supplies and organizing every detail. I wish I could show you everyone’s wreaths. They were all unique to each crafter. I love it!
Watch this video on how to do DIY Looped Burlap Flowers from Cool2Crafts:
(Start at 1:00 if you want to skip the intro and just get to the instructions.)
- 5 – 23” x 3” Burlap Strips (2 grey/natural + 3 white)
- a wooden stick
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue
- 2 Sprigs (or 10 individual) White Pearls (bulk)
- Glue Gun
- Grapevine Wreath (bulk)
- Pull out the strands from the short 3” end of the burlap strips one by one (See Example A below).
- Cut the 3” wide strips of burlap apart down the middle of the glued sections.
- Apply a line of tacky glue along the bottom 23” edge of the burlap strip and fold the top edge over and press firmly to glue it in place (See Example B below).
- Apply another line of tacky glue along the edge and using the wooden stick begin to tightly roll the burlap onto the wooden stick tying your best to keep the burlap lined up (See Example C below).
- Once completed, you may choose to keep the flower in a bud-shape or you may press down on the flower and it will open it up to create a fuller bloom.
- Repeat steps 1-5 for your other four flowers.
- Once all of your flowers are complete, get your hot glue gun to add your flowers to your wreath in whatever fashion you desire.
- Now you can use your 10 pearls to add to the center of your flowers or use the sprigs to “dress up” the area around your flowers.
If you’re not up to making a fall wreath because winter is on its way, don’t fret! My friend Faith did a great job using these same steps to create a winter wreath!!!
Have you been crafty lately? What have you created? Is there any fall decor in your home?
Pingback: MOPS Craft: Courage Key Necklace | Keeping up with the Moys
Pingback: Burlap Flowers: 15 Interesting How-Tos | Guide Patterns
Pingback: Craft: Burlap Flowers: 15 Interesting How-Tos – CrochetingHearts.org