1/6/2014: Met the brown UPS truck during dinner at home and the seasonal driver dropped off a tall rectangular package.
- 12-fret, short-scale, 00-body (Grand Concert-size)
- Satin Finish
- Solid Genuine MaHOGany (top, back, and sides – all hog)
- Full Tortoise Binding and Pickguard
- Slotted Headstock with 3-on-a-plate nickel open-geared tuners with ivoroid butterbean knobs
- Bone Nut and Saddle
- Diamond & Square – Short Pattern Inlay
- Upgraded Geib-style 500 series hardshell case
I got this as a replacement for the Deering Boston B6 Banjo (six-string banjo or banjitar) I sold since I was only using the banjo less than 10% of the time. Maybe I’ll buy the same banjo (but the acoustic/electric version) later on down the road.
An “all-hog” guitar is different than my rosewood guitars and the carbon-fiber guitar in terms of tone. The Martin is warm, has great projection for its small size, and is balanced with nice low-end (like other Martins). It’s a great “little blues box” I can play on the couch or when I’m playing without the band.
Now I just need to put in a K&K Pure Mini pickup and a strap button, then I’ll be set.