We really aren’t in the South Bay too often, so although we will list a few places to go, it’s more like we are collecting recommendations for fun family activities, great restaurants, and other fabulous attractions to visit when we do make plans to take a short trip around the Bay. Have you been to the South Bay? Where should be go?
This is the not the best pic of Stanford, and it is also a proof, but it is from our wedding and we had a lot of fun. We joined in a volleyball game with some guys who I think are from South America?? There were something like 10 other couples who were also taking their wedding pics there. See the hummers and limos in the background? :p
I will probably add photos later, but here are some restaurants that we enjoy in Palo Alto. We have written reviews of some of these restaurants, so they are linked up.
- NOLA Restaurant & Bar
- Mango Carribean Restaurant & Bar
- Miyaki Sushi
- Arby’s (used to have touchscreen ordering)
- 7-Eleven (where we used to spend hours drinking Slurpees and playing NBA Jam)
Other places to visit… (I will link photos and such later on. Come back to visit!)
- Mitchell Park/Community Center/Library
- Rinconada Park/Pool
- Elizabeth F. Gamble Garden at Lawn Bowling Green Park
- Fry’s Electronics
- Christmas Tree Lane at Fulton St. (off of Embarcadero Road)
- IKEA in East Palo Alto
- East Bayshore Road Bay Biking Trail
- Stanford Shopping Center
- Gryphon Stringed Instruments
This is part of our 31 Days in SF Bay series.