Jodi posted about a new recipe she tried. It sounded simple enough. Baked cream cheese spaghetti casserole, what’s not to love? On the spur of the moment, I decided to make it yesterday. We didn’t have all the ingredients handy, but it was still yummy. I used Classico Sweet Basil sauce like she did too since that’s what we had. And I also used sausage like she did because, again, that’s all I had. Pantry cooking at its best. =)
Our jar of pasta sauce was only 24 ounces. It would have been better with the listed 28 ounces. We only had sausage on hand, but you can use whatever meat you like with your pasta, or no meat at all. Bummer, no Italian seasoning, but I did add garlic salt. Will add Italian seasoning on the grocery list this week. We also only had a Four Cheese package of shredded cheese. It worked fine. Basically, you can add or take out whatever you like, and the recipe still works. Well, mostly.
Everyone gobbled it up.
Click on the link to view more of WHAT WE’RE EATING
- 12 oz spaghetti
- 1 (28 ounces) jar prepared spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Vegetable oil spray
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef until cooked through; drain fat and stir in spaghetti sauce. Set aside.
- Cook spaghetti. Drain and place cooked spaghetti in bowl.
- Add cream cheese, Italian seasoning, and minced garlic.
- Stir until cream cheese is melted and the spaghetti is thoroughly coated.
- Lightly grease a 9×13″ pan. Spread a small amount of meat sauce in the bottom of the dish.
- Put spaghetti on top of sauce and top with remaining meat sauce.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly.
*Bold instructions can be done by younger kids.