Okay, so the image doesn’t shout Valentine’s Day! but I made these chocolate covered spoons for Melody’s class for Valentine’s Day. They didn’t look anything like the ones in the photo.
I melted the chocolate in a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water, instead of in the microwave.
Afterwards I found another way to make these. I can’t find the link now, but you basically use one of those cake decorating frosting thingies to fill the spoons instead of just dipping the spoon into the melted chocolate.
It’s a fun gift to make. Bummer I totally forgot to tell them that they should probably put it in hot chocolate for flavor. I hope no one tried to just eat it off the spoon, because I tried and it didn’t work. =p
Click on the link to view more of WHAT WE’RE EATING.
CHOCOLATE COVERED SPOONS recipe from Living on a Dime
- chocolate chips, or chocolate melting wafers, or chocolate baking squares
- decorations (crushed peppermint, mini white chocolate chips or white chocolate shavings, small candies, red hots, shredded coconut)
- you’ll also need plastic spoons
- Lay out waxed paper on the counter.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- Then stir the spoon into the chocolate chips.
- Lay on the waxed paper and decorate.