For some reason lately I have been doing things that I normally don’t do. I normally don’t meet up with “strangers” at cafes. I normally don’t test products. I normally don’t invite my child’s class to lunch at our house….along with their siblings and parents (luckily, her class is only has 9 students and only half of them could make it). I normally don’t tweet. Another thing I normally don’t do are those pass-it-along tagged ya thingies. But Kara at Just 1 Step tagged me and it looks like a good way to get to know your friends in the blogosphere, so here goes…
Step 2: 11 random things about myself…
1. My ring finger on my right hand is crooked. I am double jointed, but that finger is oddly more crooked than the others.
2. I got a bowling plaque in Bowling Club in middle school. How cool am I? :p
3. I hate shopping…for anything. It’s very overwhelming and puts me in a panic. I can’t make decisions and there are too many choices.
4. I hate talking on the phone. It’s very overwhelming and puts me in a panic. If you call me, expect my phone to go to voice mail. If you leave me a voice mail, expect me to send you a reply via text, email, or FB message (unless it’s important, I might call you back). If you really need to talk me, call Norm.
5. You would never expect me to watch the TV shows that I do. We don’t have a TV, but I do watch shows online that are free from the network. I’m almost embarrassed to reveal this list (and thus the acronyms). CSI (LV and Miami, Norm got me on this one), ANTM (no clue why I watch this!), OTH (I only started watching the last 3 or 4 seasons), The Bachelor/ette (I guess I need some drama in my life), Ringer (all the other shows were on their break, so I needed a TV fix).
6. I can’t read just one book during one period of time. I usually read 2 or 3. Currently reading Organized Simplicity, Homeschooling for Dummies, and The Help….and The Me Project.
7. I can type over 90 wpm.
8. I think I have pretty small feet. I wear either a size 5 or 5.5. Is that small for someone who is 5’3″?
9. My favorite classes in college were marketing or management classes even though I was majoring in finance. My favorite non-major classes were geology and taekwondo.
10. In middle school, I was in almost every single club. In high school, I was only involved in one club – KEY Club.
11. Here are some of my answers to the question “What do you want to be when you grow up?” whenever I was asked in school: teacher, nurse, and journalist. I said computer programmer once, but I had no idea what that was at the time. haha!
Step 3: Answer the 11 questions from Kara…
1. If there is a color scheme in your living room, what is it? Is “boring” a color scheme? Ha! I’m so not good at decorating anything, so we’ve just left it the way the previous owners painted it..some kind of plain, white color.
2. What sports do you like? To watch live? Baseball. To watch on TV? Basketball. To play? Tennis, but I haven’t played in ages!
3. How many rings do you wear on your fingers? 2, my engagement ring and my wedding ring
4. How many times per week do you eat dessert after dinner? If it’s the “typical” desserts like cake or ice cream, it’s rare. Usually we have a lot of cake left over after someone’s birthday celebration, and it’ll last us a few days for a week of the month, and that’s about it.
5. How much sleep do you get each night? Not enough…well, if you add it up, it looks like enough, but it’s not consecutive hours, so to me, it doesn’t count as enough. There will be some days when I get 7+ hours, but it’ll be with 2 interruptions and I’m awake in the middle of the night for an hour or two.
6. If you could change one thing about the town/city where you live, what would it be? I don’t have too much problem with our little town, but I wish that some houses didn’t look so trashy….literally. One house with trash in the front yard makes a whole neighborhood look bad. We don’t have much of that problem in our neighborhood.
7. If you could look ahead into the future, would you? No.
8. What size is your bed? King
9. Where do you throw your dirty clothes when you take them off (floor, hamper, laundry room, etc.)? Hamper
10. Do you open your shades or blinds during the day to let sunlight in? Yup.
11. What temperatures do you keep your thermostat at during the summer and winter? I can’t remember for summer. Our house is always between 65-68*F for the winter. At night, I have set lower than that.
And finally, Step 4: 11 Random Questions for You!
1. When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
2. What did you actually become when you did grow up?
3. If money wasn’t in the equation, what would you really want to be?
4. What chore do you hate doing?
5. If you were ever to write a book, what would the book be about?
6. Growing up, did you have a birthday party every year?
7. If you have kids, do you throw a birthday party for them every year?
8. What is your favorite outdoor activity?
9. What is your favorite indoor activity?
10. If you were an animal, what animal would you be? Why?
11. What should my 11th question be?
And here are the bloggers I’ve selected to tag:
Melissa @ Seven Matters
Jodi @ Life and Oh-La-Dee-Dah
Alicia @ Alicia’s Homemaking
Katherine @ Just A Thought
Marie @ And If Not
Star @ One More Equals Four (…or Five now I guess)
…and anyone else who has some extra time on your hands. If you don’t have a blog, you can leave some answers in the comments. =)
I realize you may not all answer (or maybe none of you will!), but wanted to at least make an attempt to continue the tagging. So girls, if you’re up for it, do what I did above! A photo of you, 11 random things about yourself, answer my 11 random questions, then ask 11 random questions of some more bloggers. Enjoy and pass it on!