For our in-home date night (Be Curious Together), I made this board game for us to play. Instead of going down a list and asking each other questions, we used the “board” to get to know each other more.
- Cardstock (paper will do too)
- Brad and paper clip (or dice)
- List of questions (cut up into strips)
- 2 playing pieces (I used felt to make 2 little hearts)
Directions for DIY Board
- Find a blank game board template online. I used THIS ONE.
- Copy and paste onto a new Word document (or Publisher or whatever).
- Make the squares different colors for topics or just type/write down the topics on the squares. (I chose our family’s favorite colors. I used 4 colors because I had 4 topic…you can do more.)
- Print out the board game onto cardstock (or paper).
- Make a list of questions, or print them out from a website like THIS ONE.
- Print out the questions.
- Cut the individual questions out.
- Put the brad and paper clip in the middle of the board. (Unless you’re using a dice…)
Directions for playing the game
- Start anywhere.
- During a player’s turn, they spin the paper clip.
- Move the number of spaces indicated.
- Pick a question from the corresponding pile of questions.
- Answer the question.
- The other player takes a turn.
- Continue until all questions are answered.
I will probably print more questions to answer for the next time we play.
Here is A PRINTABLE of the board I made along with the questions I used from the above website. If you end up printing this out and playing it, let me know how it goes.
What other creative dates have you gone on?