We usually do leftovers for lunch, but when there’s no leftovers, it’s usually sandwiches. Grilled cheese is always one of my favorites, but you can’t just have that by itself. You have to open up a can of tomato soup too. =p I’m sure homemade is better, but it’s one of the kitchen cheats I’ll stick with during this season of life. I’ve never used a recipe for grilled cheese sandwiches, but I “googled” (is that word in the dictionary yet?) one and THIS ONE is the closest to what I do.
I used Challenge Tuscan Style Spreadable Butter (because we can sometimes get it close to free on sale with coupons), and Colby Jack cheese because we had it and I wanted to.
I wouldn’t change a thing.
There was no verbal responses. The girls gobbled them up at lightning speed. Melody drank up all her tomato soup with a *BAM* of shredded cheese and Goldfish crackers, and ate up her little bowl of watermelon balls (we got a melon baller and Norm’s having too much fun with that). Emily did a little dipping with her sandwich in the soup, but mostly she liked putting the shredded cheese in the soup and going “BAM!”
Click on the link to view more of WHAT WE’RE EATING.
GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH recipe from allrecipes.com:
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 4 slices white bread
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 slices Cheddar cheese
- Preheat skillet over medium heat.
- Generously butter one side of a slide of bread.
- Place bread butter-side-down onto skillet bottom and add 1 slice of cheese.
- Butter a second slice of bread on one side and place butter-side-up on top of sandwich.
- Grill until lightly browned and flip over; continue grilling until cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining 2 slices of bread, butter and slice of cheese.