This is the dessert that I made for Norm’s surprise birthday dinner. Super easy, super yum!
I followed the instructions to make 4 instead of 6. We only have 4 custard cups.
Make sure you don’t eat too much before having this for dessert. It is very filling.
Yummy, but don’t try to have more than one. It taste too good to be good for you.
Click on the link to view more of WHAT WE’RE EATING.
CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY CAKES recipe from BA Easy Week: April 18 2007
- Prep Time: 10+ minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Cool Time: 30 minutes
- Makes: 6 Servings
- 8 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 14 tablespoons (13/4 sticks) unsalted butter, diced
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Butter six 3/4-cup soufflé dishes or custard cups. Arrange dishes on baking sheet.
- Mix chocolate, butter, and preserves in saucepan. Stir over low heat until chocolate melts. Remove from heat; cool to lukewarm, stirring often, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, and vanilla in large bowl to blend well, about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in chocolate mixture.
- Divide batter among prepared dishes.
- Bake cakes until tester inserted into center comes out with some moist batter still attached, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool 30 minutes (centers may fall). Serve cakes warm or at room temperature.