- Jar (Even old baby food jars would work…just make sure to use fewer objects)
- Pellets (small beads or rice could work too)
- 20 small objects
- Contact paper
- Elastic band or string
- Fill your jar with pellets. (For ours, we used 1/3 cup. This depends on the size of your jar. Make sure there is space in the jar for the pellets to move around.)
- Make a list of your objects on a piece of paper.
- Laminate or use the contact paper to cover the paper.
- Punch a hole and add in your string.
- Put the objects into the jar.
- Close the lid. (Use your own discretion as to whether or not the lid should be glued shut.)
- Tie the list onto the jar….or not.
I had 21 objects in there instead because I had put a tiny golden bell in, and when I tested it the first few times, I could not find it at all. =p This could keep your kids busy for awhile. Maybe you can have a themed jar with whatever your child is interested in at the time. Check out this LINK for more detailed/clear instructions.