For our MOPS craft this month, we had a choice between doing tutus or capes. The capes turned out great too but I know the girls are always itching to be ballerinas, so I made a tutu and got extra materials for a second one. I think I will make the capes on my own too. They were super cute.
I’m not going to share instructions here this time because the blog that our Creative Activities coordinator used has great instructions already. You can find the instructions HERE. She also has a QUICK AND EASY way to cut the tulle. We did it a little differently, so I’ll post that part below. It took me about half an hour to make the tutu.
Roll a yard of tulle.
- Keep the tulle folded in half lengthwise.
- Roll from the folded edge down to the open edge.
- Repeat for remaining two yards.
- Keeping tulle in a roll, cut edge off to make even
- Cut the remaining roll into 3 inch pieces
- Once roll is cut, open up and cut each piece in half on the crease/middle.